Tom Arnold says he’s teaming up with Michael Cohen and ‘taking Trump down’
Comedian Tom Arnold said Friday that he and President Trump’s former longtime personal lawyer are teaming up to “take down” the president.
Arnold tweeted a photo with Michael Cohen on Thursday with the caption “I Love New York,” which Cohen retweeted without comment.
Arnold then told NBC News that he met with Cohen as part of a show he is working on for Vice, in which he searches for incriminating videos of the president.
“This dude has all the tapes — this dude has everything,” Arnold told NBC News. “I say to Michael, ‘Guess what? We’re taking Trump down together,’ and he’s so tired he’s like, ‘OK,’ and his wife is like, ‘OK, f— Trump.’”
The idea for the Vice program followed the leak of the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape during the 2016 presidential race, in which Trump can be heard bragging about grabbing women “by the p—-.” The show will feature Arnold’s hunt for other unflattering video and audio recordings of the president.
“We’ve been on the other side of the table and now we’re on the same side,” Arnold told NBC News. “It’s on! I hope [Trump] sees the picture of me and Michael Cohen and it haunts his dreams.”
Arnold declined to reveal to NBC News if Cohen was planning to give him any material for “The Hunt for the Trump Tapes.”
I love New York pic.twitter.com/J7AJg1HiHo
— Tom Arnold (@TomArnold) June 22, 2018
Cohen is currently under investigation in New York for a number of alleged financial crimes. Prosecutors are also looking at the $130,000 payment that Cohen made to adult-film star Stormy Daniels, which she said was part of a nondisclosure agreement to keep her quiet about an affair she says she had with the president.
Trump said earlier this month that Cohen is no longer his lawyer and that he had not spoken to him in “a long time.”
Arnold’s ex-wife, pro-Trump comedian Roseanne Barr, was recently fired from the ABC reboot of her sitcom after posting a racist tweet about a former Obama administration official.