In The Know

‘Sex and the City’ stars speak out amid Chris Noth sexual assault allegations

Getty Images

Three “Sex and the City” actresses spoke out against their former co-star Chris Noth, saying in a statement they support the two women accusing Noth of sexual harassment.

“We are deeply saddened to hear the allegations against Chris Noth,” the statement read, signed by Sarah Jessica Parker, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon. “We support the women who have come forward and shared their painful experiences. We know it must be a very difficult thing to do and we commend them for it.”

Davis, Parker and Nixon all star in “And Just Like That,” HBO’s rebooted sequel to the original “Sex and the City” TV show. Noth also starred in the original as Mr. Big, a character who died at the beginning of the rebooted series.

Noth, 67, is accused of raping two women at his apartment in 2004 and 2015. The news was first reported by The Hollywood Reporter earlier this month, after the Dec. 9 airing of the rebooted “Sex and the City” series.

A third woman also came forward and said the actor raped her in 2010 while she was working at Da Marino, a restaurant Noth frequently attended in New York, the Daily Beast first reported on Dec. 17.

In light of the accusations, CBS on Monday fired Noth from the show “The Equalizer,” in which he played a former CIA director.

In a statement to The Hill yesterday, Noth denied the allegations made against him.

“These stories could’ve been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago — no always means no — that is a line I did not cross,” he said.

Tags actors and actresses CBS celebrities Chris Noth Daily Beast HBO Max Hollywood reporter Kristin Davis Me Too movement Sarah Jessica Parker sex and the city sexual assault Sexual assault accusations speaking out

Most Popular

Load more

Video

See all Video