The sixth season of “House of Cards” will be its last.

The news, first reported Monday by TVLine, comes amid an allegation of sexual misconduct by star Kevin Spacey.

The final season of the Emmy Award-winning Netflix political drama will premiere in 2018, according to TVLine.

A Netflix spokeswoman confirmed the news of the show coming to an end to ITK.

ADVERTISEMENT

On Sunday, actor Anthony Rapp told BuzzFeed that Spacey made a sexual pass at him in 1986.

Rapp, who was 14 at the time, said Spacey picked him up “like a groom picks up the bride over the threshold. But I don't, like, squirm away initially, because I'm like, 'What's going on?' And then he lays down on top of me.”

In a statement released on Twitter, 58-year-old Spacey said that while he didn’t remember the alleged sexual assault, “I owe [Rapp] the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior.”

The actor, who plays the scheming and wicked former President Frank Underwood on “House of Cards,” came out in the statement, saying, “ I choose now to live as a gay man.”

“I want to deal with this honestly and openly and that starts with examining my own behavior,” the Academy Award winner said.

Netflix and TV studio Media Rights Capital said in a joint statement to ITK on Monday that they are "deeply troubled by last night’s news concerning Kevin Spacey."

In response to the revelations from Rapp, the companies said, "executives from both of our companies arrived in Baltimore this afternoon to meet with our cast and crew to ensure that they continue to feel safe and supported. As previously scheduled, Kevin Spacey is not working on set at this time.”

Netflix told TVLine the announcement was unrelated to Rapp's claims.

“House of Cards” creator and former showrunner Beau Willimon called the allegation against Spacey “deeply troubling,” writing in a Twitter post: