Kathy Griffin: 'I doubt' Trump attends White House correspondents' dinner
© Getty Images

Kathy Griffin says she doubts President TrumpDonald John TrumpJulián Castro: It's time for House Democrats to 'do something' about Trump Warren: Congress is 'complicit' with Trump 'by failing to act' Sanders to join teachers, auto workers striking in Midwest MORE will attend this year’s White House Correspondents’ Association dinner, blasting him as not courageous enough.

“I hope he goes,” Griffin told Howard Stern on Tuesday on his SiriusXM show, when asked if she believed Trump would be among the guests at the annual “Nerd Prom” in Washington.

“I hope he either doesn’t go just because of me, or he goes because of me,” Griffin said.

Griffin announced last month that she’ll attend the April 28 dinner at the Washington Hilton as a guest of The Washington Blade.

ADVERTISEMENT

But Griffin cast doubt on Trump yucking it up among the black-tie crowd of journalists, lawmakers, and celebrities at the annual soiree, which raises money for journalism scholarships. “I doubt [Trump will go],” she told Stern. “He’s such a p---y.”

The 57-year-old comedian was widely criticized last year after participating in a photo shoot holding a prop made to look like Trump’s decapitated head. 

Trump tweeted that Griffin “should be ashamed of herself,” the performer lost her New Year's Eve co-hosting gig on CNN, she was interviewed by the Secret Service and multiple shows on her comedy tour were canceled.

Griffin has since waded back into the spotlight, embarking on a new stand-up tour across the United States. She was also set to play senior White House counselor Kellyanne ConwayKellyanne Elizabeth ConwayClarence Thomas, Joe Manchin, Rudy Giuliani among guests at second state visit under Trump George Conway: If Trump pushed Ukraine to investigate Biden, he 'should be impeached and removed from office' Obama, Bush among those paying tribute to Cokie Roberts: 'A trailblazing figure' MORE in Comedy Central’s “The President’s Show Make America Great-a-Thon” special on Tuesday evening.

Trump, who battles openly with the press and has called “fake news media” the “enemy of the people,” famously bucked tradition and skipped last year’s dinner. The White House said in February that no decision had been made regarding this year’s event.