LA prosecutors reviewing second sexual assault case involving Kevin Spacey
© Getty Images

A second sexual assault case involving Academy-award winning actor Kevin Spacey is under review, according to Los Angeles prosecutors on Thursday.

"A sex assault case was presented yesterday to our office by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department involving Kevin Spacey," Los Angeles District Attorney spokesman Greg Risling said in a statement to Reuters. "It remains under review."

Nicole Nishida, a spokeswoman for the L.A. County sheriff, told the Los Angeles Times that the investigation stems from an incident that took place in October 2016. Nishida told the times the investigation began in May. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Representatives for Spacey have not commented.

The review comes on the heels of the Los Angeles District Attorney's office stating in April that it was reviewing another case involving Spacey dating back to the early '90s that involved an adult male. 

Spacey's career has fallen hard since late last year, when actor Anthony Rapp accused Spacey of making sexual advances toward him more than two decades ago, when Rapp was 14.

Spacey now faces multiple allegations of sexual misconduct. He is also under police investigation in Massachusetts and England, per the Times.

He has since been fired by his hit Netflix TV political drama "House of Cards" and let go by his talent agency.

Spacey, 59, was also accused in November of sexual harassment by several co-workers on "House of Cards."

Spacey's "Billionaire Boys Club" grossed just $618 over its opening weekend last week, by far an all-time low for the former A-list actor

The film opened in just 11 theaters across the U.S., averaging $56 per location. The average movie ticket cost is about $9.27, according to a 2017 report by the National Association of Theatre Owners, meaning on average less than six people chose to see the movie at each venue.

-Michael Burke contributed.