Alyssa Milano slams Trump for remarks on Kavanaugh accuser
© Getty Images

Alyssa Milano is firing back at President TrumpDonald John TrumpSarah Huckabee Sanders becomes Fox News contributor The US-Iranian scuffle over a ship is a sideshow to events in the Gulf South Korea: US, North Korea to resume nuclear talks 'soon' MORE for questioning why Brett Kavanaugh’s accuser didn’t go to authorities back in the 1980s, with the “Charmed” actress revealing it took her three decades to disclose her own sexual assault.

Trump took aim on Friday at Christine Blasey Ford for her sexual assault accusations against his Supreme Court nominee, tweeting that if what she alleged was “as bad as [Ford] says,” then “charges would have been immediately filed.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Ford, a California psychology professor, accused Kavanaugh of pinning her down and trying to forcibly remove her clothes during a house party while they were in high school. She's in the process of negotiating the terms of an appearance before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Kavanaugh has categorically denied the accusation.

On Friday, "Who's the Boss?" star Milano blasted Trump for his remarks on Twitter. The actress, an advocate for the anti-sexual harassment "Me Too" and "Times Up" movements and a frequent critic of Trump, tweeted:

Milano, 45, wrote in an essay for Rolling Stone earlier this year, “I have not told my #MeToo stories, but I will say I dealt with one assault case in the industry and one not in the industry.”

“And I don’t know a week that has gone by in my 35-year career that I haven’t dealt with harassment and gender inequality in some capacity.”