Melania TrumpMelania TrumpTrump submits 2017 federal income tax returns Overnight Health Care — Presented by Purdue Pharma — Trump officials ratchet up fight over drug pricing | McConnell says Republicans could try again on ObamaCare repeal | Dems go on offense against GOP lawsuit Melania Trump meets with families affected by opioid withdrawal in newborns MORE says she stands behind women and the "Me Too" movement, but that sexual assault accusers must show “hard evidence.”

“I support the women,” Trump told ABC News’s Tom Llamas, when asked for her take on the recent push against sexual harassment. “They need to be heard. We need to support them. And also men, not just women.”

“We need to have really hard evidence that if you’re accused of something, show the evidence,” Trump continued in a preview clip that aired Wednesday on “Good Morning America” from an upcoming ABC special on the first lady.

ADVERTISEMENT

Asked what she would say to critics who argue that she needs “to stand with women,” Trump replied, “I do stand with women. But we need to show the evidence.”

“You cannot just say to somebody you know ‘I was sexually assaulted’ or ‘You did that to me,’ because sometimes the media goes too far. And the way they portray some stories, it’s not correct. It’s not right,” Trump told Llamas during the interview, filmed while she was on her first major solo international trip in Africa last week.

The 48-year-old former model’s remarks come amid the White House’s defense of new Supreme Court Justice Brett KavanaughBrett Michael KavanaughProtesters confront Cruz at airport over Kavanaugh vote Trump renews attacks against Tester over VA nominee on eve of Montana rally Corker: Trump administration 'clamped down' on Saudi intel, canceled briefing MORE after multiple women publicly accused the judge of sexual misconduct.

“It is a very scary time for young men in America, when you can be guilty of something you may not be guilty of," President TrumpDonald John TrumpTrump renews attacks against Tester over VA nominee on eve of Montana rally Trump submits 2017 federal income tax returns Corker: Trump administration 'clamped down' on Saudi intel, canceled briefing MORE said to reporters on the South Lawn of the White House last week.

Melania Trump, who launched her Be Best childhood well-being and anti-bullying campaign earlier this year, also slammed groups that refuse to work with her because of opposition to the president.

“It’s sad to see that organizations and foundations I want to partner with choose not to because of the administration,” Trump said, when asked what has surprised her most as first lady. “I feel they are choosing the politics over helping others.”

Declining to name names, she continued, “They know who they are. I would not put them out in front of the world. But they know who they are.”

The full interview with Trump airs Friday on ABC as part of its special, “Being Melania: The First Lady.”