Kevin Spacey on Monday stayed quiet in a packed courthouse during an arraignment related to the sexual assault case against him. 

The former “House of Cards” star appeared in Massachusetts’s Nantucket District Court sporting a patterned tie and dress shirt. He grinned briefly while speaking with his attorney. Although he was not asked to enter a plea in court, he reportedly pleaded not guilty in legal documents related to the case.

ADVERTISEMENT

The 59-year-old actor is accused of indecent assault and battery in a 2016 incident involving the 18-year-old son of a former local TV news anchor in Boston. 

Netflix’s “House of Cards” cut ties with Spacey last year after multiple people accused the Academy Award-winner of sexual misconduct.

Spacey released a bizarre video last month after news of his scheduled arraignment broke, in which he appeared as his character from the political thriller, Frank Underwood.

In the video, Spacey said directly into the camera that some people "believed everything and have just been waiting with bated breath to hear me confess it all.”

"But you wouldn’t believe the worst without evidence, would you?" he added. "You wouldn’t rush to judgments without facts, would you? Did you?” 

Spacey’s legal team had originally asked that the performer be allowed to skip appearing at his court arraignment, but the judge had denied that request.

On Monday, Spacey was ordered by the judge not to have any contact with his accuser. The judge also said that Spacey wasn't required to appear in person at the next hearing on the case on March 4.