The New York trial against disgraced movie producer Harvey Weinstein will begin May 6, nearly a year after his arrest on charges of rape and other sexual misconduct.

Weinstein, who remains out on bail, has denied all of the allegations against him while his lawyer, Benjamin Brafman, said last year that the former movie mogul would seek a dismissal of the the case, which stems from the accusations of women who say Weinstein forcibly performed sexual acts on them in 2013 and 2006.

ADVERTISEMENT

According to court documents obtained by The Wall Street Journal, Brafman says he expects prosecutors to ask a judge to allow other women not involved in the trial but with other, related accusations against Weinstein to address the court. Weinstein is expected to make his next court appearance in March for a pretrial hearing, according to the newspaper.

The famed Hollywood producer was dropped from The Weinstein Company in 2017 after dozens of women came forward with allegations of rape and other sexual abuse dating back decades, including claims from top Hollywood actresses such as Ashley Judd, Gwenyth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie.

Many actresses told media outlets at the time that Weinstein would threaten to harm the careers or bully those who did not return his advances, often preventing women from working in the film industry.

Allegations against Weinstein, which were heavily publicized due to the nature and extent of the claims, were credited with drawing national attention to the #MeToo and #TimesUp movements, which seek to expose sexual misconduct committed by powerful figures in the media and political spheres.