The team behind “Empire” says it’s supporting Jussie Smollett, saying the actor is “not being written out of the show.”

“Jussie Smollett continues to be a consummate professional on set,” the show’s studio, 20th Century Fox Television and Fox Entertainment, said in a Wednesday statement to ITK. 

ADVERTISEMENT

The 36-year-old performer told Chicago police last month that he was assaulted by two men who beat him, placed a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him as they yelled racial and homophobic slurs at him.

But authorities now believe that Smollett orchestrated the attack against himself and paid two men to stage it, CNN reported Sunday, citing police sources.

TMZ had reported earlier this week that as a result of the swelling controversy, Smollett’s “Empire” screen time was “getting slashed,” according to production sources.

But 20th Century Fox Television and Fox Entertainment characterized its comments as a “statement of support” for Smollett.

A Chicago Police Department spokesman told ITK on Tuesday that authorities had information that “needs to be corroborated and verified” with Smollett. “After new developments, we've reached out to his attorney and requested additional time to interview him,” Anthony Guglielmi, the department’s chief communications officer, said.