Actor Orlando Bloom to self-quarantine
Orlando Bloom says he plans on self-quarantining after returning from traveling overseas due to concerns about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
The actor gave no indication that he has the disease.
“It’s farewell from us as we go home to be quarantined,” the “Pirates of the Caribbean” actor said in a Wednesday Instagram Stories post, according to ABC News.
Bloom, 43, had been filming the second season of Amazon’s “Carnival Row” in Prague.
“We’re coming home to the States, at least I’m coming home to the States, because we want to get in before the quarantine,” the performer, who was born in England, said.
In a national address on Wednesday, President Trump announced a ban on travel from Europe for foreign nationals as a way to attempt to slow the spread of the coronavirus. The deadly illness was deemed a pandemic by the World Health Organization this week.
“Big love everybody, stay safe out there!” Bloom told his more than 3.5 million followers. “Self-quarantine. It seems really crazy actually this whole corona thing, but do the right thing by you and your family and stay safe.”
Several lawmakers — including Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), Rep. Doug Collins (R-Ga.) and Rep. Julia Brownley (D-Calif.), among others — announced this week that they were self-quarantining, after interacting with people who later tested positive for the coronavirus.
Academy Award-winning actor Tom Hanks also revealed on Wednesday that he and his wife, actress and singer Rita Wilson, tested positive for COVID-19 while working on a film project in Australia.
Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.