The coronavirus pandemic isn't scaring away Halloween plans at the White House, although this year organizers say "extra precautions" will be taken.
The first lady's press office announced plans Friday for President TrumpDonald TrumpGraham says he hopes that Trump runs again Trump says Stacey Abrams 'might be better than existing governor' Kemp Executive privilege fight poses hurdles for Trump MORE and Melania TrumpMelania TrumpFormer aide sees Melania Trump as 'the doomed French queen': book If another 9/11 happened in a divided 2021, could national unity be achieved again? Former Trump aide Stephanie Grisham planning book: report MORE's fourth annual Halloween event on Oct. 25.
Guests at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. NW — including front-line workers, military families and schoolchildren and their parents — will be required to sport face masks and practice social distancing.
White House staff will also be required to wear face coverings and gloves while handing out candy. "Each department will utilize a no-touch approach in their area when distributing their product," guidance from the White House says, with hand sanitizer available throughout the grounds.
The Trumps — who both announced they tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this month — will continue the tradition of greeting trick-or-treaters by the White House's South Portico.
The measures, the White House said in a statement, will be implemented to "help ensure the health and safety of all guests wishing to participate in this year’s spooky celebration."
This year's Halloween festivities will include an inflatable rocket and space-related items from NASA, Smokey the Bear and a model rocket station.
The White House will be decorated with chrysanthemums, pumpkins and "a vibrant display of bright-colored leaves that will envelop the South Portico columns in various shades of autumn."