Bruce Willis says he made 'error in judgment' in not wearing mask
© Getty Images

Bruce Willis says he made an "error in judgment" after he was photographed without a face mask at a California pharmacy.

The "Die Hard" star spoke out Tuesday after the New York Post reported he was asked to leave a Rite Aid in Los Angeles over the weekend for failing to wear a face covering.

"Be safe out there everyone," Willis said in a statement to People magazine, "and let's continue to mask up."

ADVERTISEMENT

A photograph in the Post shows the 65-year-old actor sporting a jacket and cap, with a bandana around his neck.

California Gov. Gavin NewsomGavin NewsomHarris receives standing ovation in first Senate appearance as VP Feehery: To move past Trump, Republicans have to think local The Hill's Morning Report - An inauguration like no other MORE (D) issued a statewide face mask order last June due to the coronavirus pandemic, requiring residents to wear a covering in virtually all settings outside of their homes.

Last month, Los Angeles County reached the grim milestone of 10,000 coronavirus deaths.