Meghan, the Duchess of SussexMeghan MarkleMeghan wins last copyright claim over letter to father Meghan announces children's book inspired by Prince Harry and Archie The Hill's Morning Report - Biden to take stock, revive push for big government MORE, will not travel to the United Kingdom for Prince Philip’s funeral service scheduled for next Saturday due to her pregnancy. 

A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said at a news briefing Saturday that while Prince HarryPrince HarryPrince Harry compares royal life to 'being in a zoo' Prince Harry rips Joe Rogan for vaccine remarks: Have to 'be careful about what comes out of your mouth' Prince Harry, Oprah Winfrey to debut special on mental health on Apple TV MORE is planning to attend, the former Meghan MarkleMeghan MarkleMeghan wins last copyright claim over letter to father Meghan announces children's book inspired by Prince Harry and Archie The Hill's Morning Report - Biden to take stock, revive push for big government MOREhas been advised by her physician not to travel,” according to People magazine and British newspaper The Independent

The 39-year-old is expecting the couple’s second child, a daughter, this spring. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Marie Claire reported in February that Harry had planned to attend a number of events on his own over the summer, including Philip's planned 100th birthday celebration and the unveiling of Kensington Palace's Princess Diana statue, with Meghan remaining at their California home during the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Harry’s trip next week will be his first time returning to the U.K. since he and Meghan decided to step away as full-time working members of the royal family last year. 

The trip also comes after the couple’s bombshell interview last month with Oprah WinfreyOprah Gail Winfrey Kid reporter who interviewed Obama dies at 23 Prince Harry compares royal life to 'being in a zoo' Prince Harry, Oprah Winfrey to debut special on mental health on Apple TV MORE, in which Meghan, whose mother is Black and father is white, revealed that before her son with Harry was born in 2019, there were conversations within the royal family about "how dark his skin might be."

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex released a statement on the front page of their charitable foundation’s website following the royal family’s announcement of 99-year-old Philip's death Friday. 

"Thank you for your service," the Archewell website read"You will be greatly missed."

ADVERTISEMENT

According to the royal family’s website, the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral service will begin next Saturday with a moment of silence, followed by a ceremonial procession inside the grounds of Windsor Castle. 

Philip’s son, Prince Charles, paid tribute to his late father on Saturday, telling reporters in a news conference on behalf of the royal family that he was “a very special person.” 

"I particularly wanted to say that my father over the last 70 years has given the most remarkable devoted service to the queen, to my family and to the country," Charles said. "And as you can imagine, my family and I miss my father enormously. He was a much-loved and appreciated figure."