Marilyn Manson has turned himself in to law enforcement over an arrest warrant in connection with an alleged spitting incident at a concert in 2019, authorities announced Thursday.
Manson, whose real name is Brian Warner, was processed and released on bail by Los Angeles law enforcement last Friday, Anthony Burpee, the police chief in Gilford, N.H., said in a statement.
The warrant was issued in New Hampshire in October 2019, with police saying they had notified Manson and his legal team several times over a nearly two-year period.
Manson faces two counts of simple assault stemming from an incident authorities said took place at one of his concerts at the Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion outdoor amphitheater.
Police said a videographer subcontracted by a New Hampshire-based company was spat on while recording in the stage pit in August 2019.
Burpee said Thursday in the statement shared with The Hill “we are pleased with Mr. Warner’s decision to finally address the arrest warrant that has been outstanding since 2019.”
The conditions of Manson’s bail include an agreement to not commit a crime while on release, appear at all court-ordered proceedings, advise the court of changes in address within 24 hours and have no contact with the victim in the case.
Burpee added that Manson had been given a court date to appear at New Hampshire’s Fourth Circuit District court, though he did not share the specific date.
The Hill has reached out to Manson’s lawyer, Kent Barker, for comment.
The New Hampshire charges come as the musician is also facing multiple allegations of abuse and domestic violence from several women, which are currently under investigation by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Special Victims Bureau.
The department said upon announcing the probe’s launch in February that the alleged incidents occurred “between 2009 and 2011 when Mr. Warner lived in the city of West Hollywood.”
Actress and musician Evan Rachel Wood in February publicly accused Manson of sexually and physically abusing her, writing on Instagram that he “started grooming me when I was a teenager and horrifically abused me for years.”
That same month, “Game of Thrones” actress Esmé Bianco detailed several abuse allegations against Manson, including that he repeatedly cut her torso with a knife and chased her around with an ax.
Bianco in April filed a federal lawsuit against Manson alleging that he raped her in May 2011 and used “drugs, force and threats of force to coerce sexual acts” multiple times.
Manson, 52, has denied the allegations against him, writing in February in response to Wood’s post, “Obviously, my art and my life have long been magnets for controversy, but these recent claims about me are horrible distortions of reality,” adding that his “intimate relationships have always been consensual with like-minded partners.”