Actor Bob Odenkirk reveals 'small heart attack,' says he'll be back soon
© Actor Bob Odenkirk on Feb. 9, 2020. (Getty)

Actor Bob Odenkirk took to Twitter on Friday to reveal what caused him to be rushed to the hospital this week after collapsing on set.

"I had a small heart attack," the "Better Call Saul" actor wrote. "But I'm going to be ok."

He thanked the staff of the New Mexico hospital where he was treated, as well AMC, which airs his hit show, and SONY, which produces it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Odenkirk said he is going to "take a beat to recover," but promised a quick return.

ADVERTISEMENT

Odenkirk also expressed his gratitude to fans, thanking them for the well-wishes.

"Thank you. To my family and friends who have surrounded me this week. And for the outpouring of love from everyone who expressed concern and care for me. It’s overwhelming," he wrote.

The Twitter statement marks the first time Odenkirk has spoken publicly since being hospitalized on Tuesday. His representatives had previously only disclosed that he had suffered a "heart related incident," The Associated Press noted. On Wednesday, his son, Nate Odenkirk, simply tweeted, "He's going to be okay."

According to The Hollywood Reporter, production was about halfway done on the final season of "Better Call Saul" when the incident occurred. It remains unclear when it will resume.