Mike Richards is out as the executive producer of "Jeopardy!" shortly after stepping down as host of the quiz show when past offensive comments of his resurfaced.
"Mike will no longer be serving as EP of ['Wheel of Fortune'] and 'Jeopardy!' effective immediately," Sony business and legal affairs executive Suzanne Prete said in a Tuesday memo to staff on the two programs.
"We had hoped that when Mike stepped down from the host position at 'Jeopardy!' it would have minimized the disruption and internal difficulties we have all experienced these last few weeks," Prete wrote. "That clearly has not happened."
Richards, 46, bowed out of the coveted role, succeeding the late Alex Trebek, earlier this month. The move came after The Ringer resurfaced a series of podcast episodes from 2013 and 2014 in which he was heard making derogatory remarks about women.
Richards had apologized following the controversy and was reportedly undergoing sensitivity training as he remained on the job.
"I know this has been a challenging time for the entire team, and I want to thank you all for your cooperation and professionalism over these last few weeks," Prete told the game show's production teams amid the hosting drama.
"Jeopardy!" previously announced that "Big Bang Theory" star Mayim Bialik, who had been named as the presenter of a series of "Jeopardy!" spin-off specials, will serve as a temporary host until a permanent one is chosen.