In The Know

Travis Scott spiked seltzer discontinued after festival deaths

Getty images

Anheuser-Busch has discontinued its spiked seltzer partnership with Rapper Travis Scott following last month’s deadly Astroworld festival disaster, NBC News reported

“After careful evaluation, we have decided to stop all production and brand development of CACTI Agave Spiked Seltzer. We believe brand fans will understand and respect this decision,” an Anheuser-Busch spokesperson told NBC News in a statement on Friday. 

The CACTI Agave Spiked Seltzer debuted earlier this year and sold out in its first week on sale, according to CNBC

The company has also removed social media accounts for the drink line, according to NBC News. 

This comes as the “Sicko Mode” singer appeared in his first interview since the festival, saying he was initially unaware of the severity of the crowd crush that killed 10 people and injured many. 

Over 300 lawsuits have been filed against Scott and festival organizers since the tragedy, with Scott denying allegations against him, NBC News reported.  

“I have a responsibility to figure out what happened here. I have a responsibility to figure out the solution,” Scott told media personality Charlamagne tha God in the interview. “Hopefully this takes a first step for us as artists, having more insight about what’s going on.”

In November, Nike delayed the release of its newest Air Max x Cactus Jack sneaker collaboration with Scott in the aftermath of the festival tragedy.

“Out of respect for everyone impacted by the tragic events at the Astroworld Festival, we are postponing the launch of the Air Max 1 x Cactus Jack,” Nike said in a statement.

Tags Anheuser-Busch Astroworld Festival crowd crush Travis Scott

Most Popular

Load more

Video

See all Video