Roddy Ricch will no longer be performing on “Saturday Night Live” this weekend due to a COVID-19 exposure by someone on the rapper’s team.
“Due to recent COVID exposure on my team and to keep everyone safe I won’t be able to perform on SNL this weekend,” Ricch wrote to his more than 6.6 million Instagram followers on Wednesday.
The 23-year-old “The Box” artist was poised to be the musical act on Saturday’s episode alongside guest host and “West Side Story” star Ariana DeBose. Ricch, who was born Rodrick Moore, Jr., will be replaced by the band Bleachers, “Saturday Night Live’s” account tweeted.
“I’m working with the SNL team to lock in a new date though!” the entertainer said on Instagram, adding a message to his fans to “stay safe.”
Ricch bowing out marks another coronavirus-related setback for the long-running NBC sketch comedy show.
Last month, “Saturday Night Live” announced that it was removing its live audience and limiting cast and crew for its Dec. 18 episode amid the spread of the omicron variant. Singer Charlie XCX, who was poised to appear on the show, said she was forced to bow out as a result of the COVID-19 measures.
This weekend’s show marks the first live episode of “Saturday Night Live” of 2022.