In The Know

Fugees cancel reunion tour over pandemic

“Ready or Not,” the Fugees won’t be coming together after all, with the group canceling their reunion tour due to the coronavirus pandemic.

“We anticipate and understand disappointment but our anniversary tour will not be able to happen,” the “Killing Me Softly” trio — made up of Lauryn Hill, Wyclef Jean and Pras — wrote in an Instagram post on Friday.

“The continued Covid pandemic has made touring conditions difficult, and we want to make sure we keep our fans and ourselves healthy and safe,” the message said.

The performers had been poised to return to the stage together to mark the 25th anniversary of their album “The Score,” first announcing plans for a reunion last September. After a show in New York, the group had postponed until this year stops in seven other cities in the United States, as well as concerts in Paris, London, Nigeria and Ghana.

“An idea sparked to honor and celebrate this 25th anniversary of The Score but we see now it may not currently be our time for revisiting this past work,” the group said in its Instagram post.

While thanking fans for their support, the hip hop artists didn’t close the door completely on the possibility of reuniting, writing, “If opportunity, public safety, and scheduling allow, we hope to be able to revisit this again sometime soon.”

The cancellation comes on the heels of another music star having to hit pause on performances amid COVID-19. In a message to fans on Thursday, Adele tearfully said she would postpone her Las Vegas residency.

“Half my crew — half my team is down with COVID, they still are,” she said, “and it’s been impossible to finish the show.”

In The Know