A sledgehammer-wielding man destroyed Donald TrumpDonald John TrumpBooker hits Biden's defense of remarks about segregationist senators: 'He's better than this' Booker hits Biden's defense of remarks about segregationist senators: 'He's better than this' Trump says Democrats are handing out subpoenas 'like they're cookies' MORE’s Hollywood Walk of Fame star in an early-morning attack Wednesday.

A man identified by Deadline Hollywood as Jamie Otis disguised himself as a city construction worker in order to carry out his plan at 5:45 a.m. PT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Otis told the celebrity news site that his original plan involved removing the star in order to auction it off in New York City.

The proceeds would have gone to help the multiple women who have accused Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, of sexual assault in recent weeks.

Trump’s Hollywood Boulevard star, earned for his work on the NBC reality TV show "The Apprentice," has been vandalized multiple times since he launched his campaign last year.

In July, a controversial street artist erected a miniature concrete wall around the star to protest Trump’s plan to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Earlier this year, a petition to strip Trump of his star gained thousands of signatures but was ultimately rejected by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce.