• Sunil Mansukhani has joined The Raben Group as a principal.
Mansukhani was the first executive director of the District of Columbia
Access to Justice Commission. He has served in the United States
Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights (OCR) and worked as a
teaching fellow specializing in disability rights at Georgetown
University Law Center.
• John M. Herrmann II has been elected partner in the International Trade and Customs practice group at Kelley Drye. He previously worked in the George W. Bush administration for five years, serving on the National Security Council staff, as special assistant to the president and as senior director for international trade, energy and environment.
• Nick Dorich has been hired by the National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) to act as manager of pharmacy care and as the NACDS Foundation’s manager of foundation programs. He recently completed the one-year executive resident program at the NACDS Foundation. Dorich is a registered pharmacist and a former elected leader in state and national pharmacy associations.
• Mark Paoletta is now a partner at DLA Piper. Paoletta previously worked as a partner at Dickstein Shapiro LLP. He focuses on congressional investigations and hearings, advising clients on “developing strategies and goals, preparing witnesses, drafting testimony, implementing crisis management and conducting internal corporate investigations.” Paoletta has served as chief counsel for oversight and investigations for the House Committee on Energy and Commerce and as assistant counsel to the president during the George H.W. Bush administration.
• Julie Petruzzelli has become a partner at Baker & McKenzie. Petruzzelli, a former partner at Venable, focuses her practice on “matters including patent, trade secret, trademark and copyright disputes.” She serves a number of corporate clients in Asia, particularly in Japan.
• Susan Cassidy has become a partner in the Washington office of Covington & Burling. She comes from Northrop Grumman Corp., where she was senior counsel for the defense giant’s Information Systems Sector.