By The Hill Staff - 09/25/13 11:49 PM EDT
• Kokopelli Associates, a policy research and consulting firm, will help the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) conduct a census of child care sponsors and providers who participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program. The contract is worth $1.4 million. Though regulators hope to initially learn more about how state agencies, sponsors and others are operating, documents say the data will be used as a foundation for changes to the program going forward.
• The Department of the Air Force awarded more than $56 million to Premier Management Corp., a veteran-owned federal contractor that staffs agencies with workers who are equipped with security clearances. The company will provide the Air Force with linguists and analysts able to speak and write various languages and dialects — including Spanish, Farsi, Korean, Chinese, Arabic, Pashto and Hebrew. The workers will serve as “language mentors and trainers,” while “collecting, interpreting, translating and performing analysis of mission data.”
• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention gave Sanofi Pasteur, the largest company in the world specializing in vaccines, a contract for hundreds of thousands of pediatric flu vaccines. The agency is granting the $3.4 million award for the medications at the beginning of the flu season.
• The U.S. Embassy in Tirana, Albania, bought an “Internet kiosk” for its waiting room. The contract award lists its cost at $5,200, and the technology will include a 19-inch monitor and touch-screen keyboard, speakers, WiFi Internet and Windows 7 Pro operating system.
• The Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service plans to study the federal National Organic Program and how organic products are accredited. The American National Standards Institute, a nonprofit in Washington, will complete the review. The organization last audited the organic program in 2011 and is “uniquely qualified for this project,” contract documents say. The contract is worth $70,000.
Contract information compiled from General Services Administration data and government press releases. Send announcements about government contracts to email@example.com.