• Global Go won a more than $1.2 million contract from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to “to meet the needs for supporting public facilities that were destroyed or severely damaged due to the destruction created by Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Maria.” The contractor will set up a temporary medical clinic in a 3,500-square-foot temporary structure on the island of St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
• The Army awarded a $30,000 contract to Allergan to provide breast implants to the Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma, Wash. Military health insurance does not cover breast implants and any other kind of breast augmentation must be deemed “medically necessary.”
• The Interior Department awarded a $50,500 contract to Suzanne Orenstein for “marketing and outreach and management support services” for the Udall Foundation, a government agency “providing educational opportunities related to the environment and natural resources, Native American health care, and Native American tribal policy.” Orenstein worked for the Arizona-based Udall Foundation for more than five years, running the Washington office of the U.S. Institute for Environmental Conflict Resolution, a program in the foundation.
• The Great Wolf Lodge in Washington state won a $30,000 contract from the Army to host a “marriage retreat” that occurred last weekend. The contract includes 27 to 30 guest rooms, three days of breakfast, lunch and dinner, a child care area and conference room rental. The lodge also has an indoor water park available. The retreat, for soldiers assigned to Joint Base Lewis-McChord and their families, has been happening for years, part of a program introduced by the Army in 1997. The retreat offers “marriage training” and one year included a DVD series entitled “Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage.”
• The Marines awarded a $3.2 million contract to the California-based Military Freefall Solutions for “parachute training.”
Contract information compiled from General Services Administration data and government press releases. Send announcements about government contracts to email@example.com.