By The Hill staff - 06/03/14 06:08 PM EDT
• Matt Gall has become a senior federal relations associate in the Washington office of Strategies 360. He has worked for Chairman Doc HastingsDoc HastingsBoehner hires new press secretary GOP plots new course on Endangered Species Act reform GOP accuses feds of bad science in endangered species studies MORE (R-Wash.) for the last three years as legislative staff on the House Natural Resources Committee. Before that, he worked at lobby firm McBee Strategic.
• Blank Rome hired Alan Lieberman as a partner in its corporate litigation group. Before that, he worked as the assistant chief litigation counsel in the Securities and Exchange Commission’s enforcement division, and had spent 10 years at the agency. It’s a homecoming for Lieberman, who first worked at the firm in 1999 and has spent more than 25 years in private practice.
• Akerman named Brian Stansbury as a partner in its litigation practice in Washington. He comes from the high-powered firm of Kirkland & Ellis and focuses on representing clients in the energy and chemical industry, including serving as counsel to companies fighting groundwater contamination claims in several states.
•Financial services law firm BuckleySandler hired a former attorney to Ally Financial, Marshall Turner Bell, as a counsel in its Washington office, where he will join the firm’s auto finance practice group. Bell will also advise clients on regulatory issues.
• Dave Lyons has joined FaegreBD Consulting, where he will lead the firm’s lobbying work for the food and agriculture industry in its Washington office. He brings 30 years of experience, most recently working at Louis Dreyfus Commodities.
• John O’Donnell, a former vice president for federal government affairs at Xcel Energy, has joined the staff of Sen. Joe ManchinJoe ManchinOvernight Finance: Trump threatens NAFTA withdrawal | Senate poised for crucial Puerto Rico vote | Ryan calls for UK trade deal | Senate Dems block Zika funding deal Overnight Energy: Volkswagen reaches .7B settlement over emissions Senators rally for coal miner pension fix MORE (D-W.Va.). He has become the senior energy policy adviser for the lawmaker, who sits on the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. Before coming to Xcel Energy, O’Donnell worked for Northern States Power Co. and the Nuclear Energy Institute.
• Pete Nonis was named the senior manager of federal government relations at the American Society of Civil Engineers. Prior to that, he served as the manager of congressional relations at insurance company AAA.
• Brian McCullough, former a senior professional staff member of the Energy and Commerce Committee, joined Bayer as the director of operations for government relations, he told The Hill in an email. He worked on the committee during the tenure of four Republican chairmen.