• Steven Miller was named of counsel at Hogan Lovells. He comes from Constellation Energy Nuclear Group, where he served in several high-level roles, including senior vice president. He has also worked as the president of a multinational nuclear development company called CeTerre. Miller will work the energy practice group within Hogan’s Washington office.
• NextEra Energy added two political veterans — Whitney Drew and Kathleen O’Connor — to its Washington office. Drew previously worked within the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, advising Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) on renewable energy and energy efficiency issues. Prior to that, she was a staffer for the House Energy and Commerce Committee and served in the lobby shop at the American Public Power Association. O’Connor, who begins later on June 30, works within the government relations office at Oxbow Carbon. She served in the White House legislative affairs office during the George W. Bush administration.
• Democratic lobbyist CR Wooters has been named the deputy executive director of the Technology CEO Council. Wooters, a principal at lobby firm Mehlman Vogel Castagnetti — now called Mehlman Castagnetti Rosen Bingel & Thomas — and will keep that gig as he works for the trade group. Before becoming a lobbyist, Wooters served as the chief of staff to Reps. Louise Slaughter (D-N.Y.) and Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), in addition to working on several campaigns.
• The digital political advertising firm Revolution Messaging made two new hires: Jenn Kauffman and Michael Whitney, who will officially join the firm on July 7. For years, Kauffman has served in strategic communication roles within AFL-CIO, AFSCME and other unions. Whitney joins the Democratic firm from Change.org, where he ran the largest advocacy email list in the U.S., the firm said. Both also worked on Al Gore’s 2000 presidential bid.
• The Collingwood Group, a Washington-based business advisory firm, hired E. Thomas Booker as a managing director in its business advisory and business development practice. Prior to that, he worked at Corelogic, a company that provides corporate analytics to businesses and the government. He has also served at Fannie Mae and IBM.
Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.