• Blue Engine Message & Media added Price Floyd and Chasity Cooper to its strategic communications team. Floyd most recently worked as the vice president of communications for BAE Systems, but has also worked in the Department of Defense. Cooper specializes in social media marketing and crisis mitigation.
• A chief of staff to Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Mich.), Andrew Hawkins, is joining the healthcare and science lobby firm East End Group. Hawkins has spent seven years on Capitol Hill, including advising Rogers on healthcare policy. Rogers is a member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee.
• The public policy and regulatory affairs practice at McKenna Long & Aldridge has brought on former Obama administration official Lisa Ellman. Her practice will include commercial and private drone use and campaign finance issues, among other emerging policy trends. Ellman comes from the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Policy and led the department’s unmanned aircraft systems working group. She also has experience in other areas of the executive branch, including within the White House’s regulatory arm.
• Outreach Strategies, an advocacy communications firm, is expanding its leadership ranks, with Elizabeth Curwen and Evan Carlson, who have been named vice president and account manager, respectively. Curwen has experience working for clients on health and environmental public policy issues, most recently at Spitfire Strategies, but has also run national campaigns at the American Chemistry Council and APCO Worldwide. Carlson served as a spokesman for former Gov. John Lynch (D-N.H.) and for Vice President Biden during his run for president in 2007.
• Becky Blood has become a vice president at Wexler | Walker. Before that, she worked as a vice president at AnnDyl Policy Group, where she specialized in energy efficiency and smart-grid technology. Her CV also includes work at the National Hydropower Association and as a legislative aide for Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.).
• Foley & Lardner hired Mark Tatelbaum as an of counsel in the firm’s healthcare practice in both Boston and Washington. He recently served as a consulting attorney to the Children’s National Health System in Washington and as the general counsel to the George Washington University Medical Faculty Associates for more than a decade.
More Lobbying Hires News
See all Hill.TV See all Video