• Former Rep. Christopher Carney (D-Pa.) is joining Nossaman LLP in its government relations and regulation group. He will be a senior policy adviser in the Washington, D.C., office and joins Nossaman from Federal Advocates, where he was vice president.
• JPMorgan Chase launched the PolicyCenter, which is aimed at developing and advancing "sustainable, evidence-based policy solutions to drive inclusive economic growth." Heather Higginbottom, who previously was deputy secretary of State, deputy director of the White House Office of Management and Budget and deputy director of the White House Domestic Policy Council under former President Obama, will be president of the initiative.
• Karin Petersen Flynn was named chief financial officer at the American Bankers Association, effective Nov. 11. She previously was chief financial officer and vice president of administration at the National Presbyterian School.
• Starbucks promoted John Kelly to executive vice president of public affairs and social impact, a role that involves leading the day-to-day operations for the public affairs team. He was previously senior vice president and joined the company in 2013. He replaces Vivek Varma, who will be chief transformational officer at Starbucks.
• Former Rep. Susan Molinari (R-N.Y.) joined APCO Worldwide's International Advisory Council. She stepped down in November 2018 from her role as vice president of public policy for the Americas at Google.