• The National Air Carrier Association named Chris Brown vice president for government affairs and ultra-low-cost carrier policy. Most recently, he was assistant administrator for government and industry affairs at the Federal Aviation Administration and before that was staff director for the House Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee on Aviation.
• The Manufacturing Institute, the workforce and education partner of the National Association of Manufacturers, named Julia Asoni senior director of youth engagement. Asoni previously was director of global partnerships at EverFi. Tony Davis, previously CEO of the Natchitoches Community Alliance, was named senior director of workforce initiatives, and Constance Thompson, former senior director of operations at the National Society of Black Engineers, was named senior director of women’s engagement. Additionally, Rahmah Wims, previously an associate at AXA Equitable, was named senior executive coordinator.
• Steptoe & Johnson named Jeff Weiss a partner in the firm’s international trade group. He previously was deputy director for policy and strategic planning at the Commerce Department and before that was associate administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the White House Office of Management and Budget.
• Clark Hill named Eduardo Angeles managing director and senior counsel. He previously was senior assistant city attorney in Los Angeles and before that was associate administrator for airports at the Federal Aviation Administration.
• K&L Gates launched a national security law and policy group. Two associates at the firm, Amy Conant Hoang and Erica Bakies, had the idea for the group. Ex-Rep. Jeff Denham (R-Calif.), former senior counsel to Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) Stacy Ettinger, ex-Rep. Bart Gordon (D-Tenn.) and ex-Sen. Slade Gorton (R-Wash.), among others, will join the group.