Sponsor: Astellas Pharma
Over 60 million Americans rely on Medicare for their health needs. Forty three million are enrolled in Medicare Part D, the prescription drug benefit plan.
Since Part D was launched just over a decade ago, medical innovations have dramatically improved patient outcomes. Is the program keeping pace with the science? Are new proposals to lower costs and increase flexibility and choice likely to work? What needs to be done to effectively link cost with quality of care?
On June 25th, health industry leaders, patient advocates and health policy experts join The Hill to examine how drug costs can be brought down for Medicare patients while ensuring continued quality of care for those who depend on the program.
- Rep. Brett Guthrie (R-KY), Member, Energy & Commerce Committee
- Rep. Doris Matsui (D-CA), Member, Energy & Commerce Committee
- Laurie Fenton Ambrose, Co-founder, President & CEO, GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer
- Dr. Mark Fendrick, Director, University of Michigan Center for Value-Based Insurance Design
- Elinor Hiller, Partner, Alston and Bird; Former Senior Advisor to CMS Administrator
- Lisa Joldersma, Senior Vice President, Policy and Research, PhRMA
- Steve Clemons, Editor-at-Large, The Hill
- Bob Cusack, Editor-in-Chief, The Hill
- Julia Manchester, Staff Writer, The Hill
- Percival Barretto-Ko, President, Astellas Pharma US
Tuesday, June 25, 2019
8:00 AM | Guest Arrival & Networking Breakfast
8:30 AM | Program Begins
10:00 AM | Program Concludes
Knight Broadcast Studio
555 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20001
Join the conversation on Twitter @TheHillEvents #TheHillMedPartD