The Future of Defense Summit
As the national security landscape evolves both at home and abroad, technological innovation and modernization have emerged as key priorities for U.S. defense and military agencies. Plus, with a new commander-in-chief come new defense policy priorities. China and Russia’s emergence as great power competitors, a changing climate and even space itself are key geopolitical focuses.
What emerging technologies are national security communities eyeing in the fight to secure America’s physical and digital realms? How can the Pentagon more seamlessly acquire and deploy innovative tools to the right hands?
With a Democratic majority in Congress, what are the Biden administration’s defense and military spending goals? What geopolitical priorities are most pressing to defense leaders and experts? What will a Biden agenda in the Far East include? After President Biden’s recent executive order demanding climate change be incorporated into national security and foreign policy strategies, how are defense agencies prioritizing sustainability, the environment and natural resources?
At The Hill’s virtual Future of Defense Summit, defense and national security leaders, policy experts, defense analysts, and technologists convene to discuss the increasingly complex global security landscape.
Monday, March 29
12:30 PM ET/9:30 AM PT
- Gen. Charles Brown, Jr., Chief of Staff, U.S. Air Force
- Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL), Member, Armed Services Committee
- Hon. Michèle Flournoy, Fmr. Under Secretary of Defense for Policy; Co-Founder & Managing Partner, WestExec Advisors
- Hon. Chuck Hagel, Fmr. Secretary of Defense
- Hon. Avril Haines, Director of National Intelligence
- Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), Member, Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Gen. James McConville, Chief of Staff, U.S. Army
- Hon. Leon Panetta, Fmr. Secretary of Defense; Fmr. Director, Central Intelligence Agency
Additional speakers to be announced.
- Steve Clemons, Editor-at-Large, The Hill
Questions for our speakers? Join the conversation using @TheHillEvents and #TheHillDefense.
SPONSORED CONTENT MESSAGE
When lives are on the line, proven performance means everything. Collins Aerospace delivers a broad spectrum of advanced, battle-proven solutions – in all domains, in both manned and unmanned platforms – that serve the warfighters of today and tomorrow. Our unique ability to leverage technologies across our commercial and military market segments provides increased flexibility as well as reduced total lifecycle and acquisition costs through open systems and commercial-off-the-shelf technology solutions. We are backed by a global network of service and support to increase mission readiness. Learn more here.