Future of Jobs Summit
Session 1: Future of Jobs Band 1: 12:30-1:30
Session 2: Future of Jobs Band 2: 2:00-3:30
While the effects of layoffs and furloughs caused by the COVID pandemic will certainly shape the foreseeable future, the long-term health prognosis for the American workforce will largely be determined by a metamorphic revolution in communications, data, and automation.
The pandemic helped spark a mass shift to digital tools and communication that will accelerate the deployment and embrace of new tech platforms powered by big data, IoT, 5G, and AI. This transition comes packed with opportunities and risks for the American workforce that will reward those fluent in these new modalities and will require others to upskill to align with the new opportunities that this future world will generate.
On April 28, The Hill will convene top-tier technologists, business leaders, economists, political leaders, and policy practitioners to discuss the future of jobs and strengthening the American workforce.
Wednesday, April 28, 2021
Sessions starting at 12:30PM ET / 9:30AM PT
- Plinio Ayala, CEO & President, Per Scholas
- Zoë Baird, CEO & President, Markle Foundation
- Rosanna Durruthy, VP, Global Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, LinkedIn
- Angie Kamath, Dean for Continuing Education & Workforce Development, City University of New York (CUNY)
- Keith Krach, Former CEO, Docusign; Former Under Secretary of State for Economic Growth, Energy & the Environment
- Deanna Larson, CEO, Avera eCARE
- Nancy LeaMond, EVP & Chief Advocacy & Engagement Officer, AARP
- Jim McKelvey, Serial Entrepreneur; Co-Founder, Square; Author, The Innovation Stack: Building an Unbeatable Business One Crazy Idea at a Time
- Rep. Greg Murphy (R-NC), Ranking Member, Higher Education & Workforce Investment Committee
- Ai-jen Poo, Co-Founder & Executive Director, National Domestic Workers Alliance
- Rep. Haley Stevens (D-MI), Co-Chair, New Democrat Coalition Future of Work Task Force
- Lawrence H. Summers, President Emeritus & Charles W. Eliot University Professor, Harvard University
- Johnny C. Taylor, Jr., SHRM-SCP, President & Chief Executive Officer of SHRM, the Society for Human Resource Management
- Andy Van Kleunen, CEO, National Skills Coalition
- Saadia Zahidi, Managing Director, World Economic Forum
- Brian Hendricks, Vice President of Policy and Government Relations, Nokia Americas
- Steve Clemons, Editor-at-Large, The Hill
Join the conversation! Tweet us using @TheHillEvents and #TheHillJobs
SPONSORED CONTENT MESSAGE:
Industries powered by 5G, private wireless and digitalization will be agile and intelligent, highly automated, self-learning, and able to flexibly meet supply, all while helping the future of jobs targets.
As an example, at the Nokia facility in Finland, our private wireless solution with IoT analytics running on Edge Cloud has digitally transformed operations. Nokia is leveraging data analytics, flexible robotics, automated product-line processes and constant temperature-and-humidity monitoring to optimize the daily production of 4G/5G base stations. It provided essential infrastructure, protected its employees, and kept our business in operation for the factory when COVID-19 hit. For more information, visit nokia.com/opentomore.