The Future of Mobility Summit
Session 1: The Future of Mobility: Groundbreaking Mobility Tech
Session 2: The Future of Mobility: Mobility Infrastructure in a Changing World
The intersection of technology and transportation is transforming life as we know it.
Road, rail, freight, public transport, shared services, drone, space taxi—the future of travel requires advanced infrastructure; modern connected, intelligent data systems; and responsive mobility solutions. If a robust, sustainable transportation infrastructure is the backbone of a strong and nimble economy, how can technology advances in mobility be supported by policymakers at the local, state and federal levels?
What are the chief infrastructure priorities to mitigate urban congestion zones? How is game-changing technology changing the face of American travel? What will President Biden’s proposed infrastructure plan mean for mobility? And how can sustainability be prioritized in current and future transportation systems?
The Hill gathers federal and state policymakers, technological innovators, local transportation leaders and experts to examine the future of mobility and the emerging technologies that will transform our communities in the near future.
Wednesday, May 12
starting at 12:30 PM ET/9:30 AM PT
Full agenda available here.
- Shailen Bhatt, President & CEO, ITS America
- Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Chairman, Committee on Transportation & Infrastructure
- Karina Drees, President, Commercial Spaceflight Federation
- Aicha Evans, CEO, Zoox
- Dave Ferguson, President & Co-founder, Nuro
- Joe Furnari, CEO, Hyrecar
- Bala Ganesh,Vice President, Corporate Engineering, UPS
- Rep. Sam Graves (R-MO), Ranking Member, Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Barbara Humpton, President & CEO, Siemens USA*
- Margaret Anderson Kelliher, Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Scott Kirby, CEO, United Airlines
- Vi Lyles, Mayor of Charlotte
- Andrew Macdonald, SVP, Mobility & Business Operations, Uber
- Dr. Huei Peng, Director, MCity
- Alex Rodrigues, CEO & Co-Founder, Embark
- Dr. Joshua Schank, Chief Innovation Officer, Los Angeles Metro
*Editorial note: While it is generally our policy that sponsors of programs not participate in editorial programs, we feel this speaker is important to the national discussion of mobility and have made an exception in this case.
- Michael Cahill, President, Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock North America
- Sharon Cooney, CEO, San Diego Metropolitan Transit System
- Steve Clemons, Editor-at-Large, The Hill
SPONSORED CONTENT MESSAGE
This year marks the 40th anniversary of modern light rail in the United States. We have come a long way since the first light rail vehicle took its inaugural trip in 1981, but while our country has been built on rail, today’s rail networks are falling behind the rest of the world. Investing in rail will provide a path to economic recovery through high-wage, high-skill jobs, building infrastructure that will move goods quickly and connect people to endless possibilities. Rail investment ensures the U.S. remains competitive in the global marketplace, while providing sustainable transportation. Siemens Mobility has the sustainable solutions, and we are ready to address our country’s transportation crisis. Learn more.