Future of Healthcare: Bold Bets in Health
The last year in healthcare has been one of unprecedented challenges and innovation leaps. While gaps in our healthcare system were laid bare, researchers and pharmaceutical manufacturers achieved what seemed impossible: multiple vaccine candidates in record time. Healthcare heroes risked their lives to save others and went virtual in efforts to bridge divides, showing us examples of courage and ingenuity.
Once we realize our goal of shots in arms, what’s next on the innovation front? And what policies and new models of care do we need to embrace to make sure these innovations reach everyone?
The Hill will host a discussion with policymakers and healthcare trailblazers to explore how we can push the frontiers of science and lean forward on innovation, all while keeping rising costs in check.
Wednesday, May 5, 2021
Sessions starting at 12:30 PM ET / 9:30 AM PT
Treatments and Breakthroughs (12:30 PM – 1:15 PM ET)
As medical technology innovates at warp speed, what new treatments and digitized care tools can patients look forward to? How might these advancements improve quality of life? And how can policymakers play a supporting role?
Balancing Cost and Innovation (2:00 PM – 3:00 PM ET)
Innovation takes time and money. But how can we balance the time and dollars spent developing new technologies and treatments with what patients can afford to pay? What tweaks or changes can the healthcare ecosystem withstand in order to increase both affordability and access to care?
- Dr. Toyin Ajayi, President and Co-Founder, Cityblock Health
- Dr. Katrina Armstrong, Physician-in-Chief, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director, NIAID; Chief Medical Advisor to the President
- David Benshoof Klein, Co-Founder & CEO, Click Therapeutics
- Dr. Vivian Lee, President, Health Platforms, Verily
- Paul Meyer, CEO, Commons Project
- Dr. Vivek H. Murthy, US Surgeon General
- Kabir Nath, President and CEO, Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), Chair, Finance Committee Subcommittee on Health
- Dr. Janet Woodcock, Acting Commissioner, FDA
- Julia Manchester, Political Reporter, The Hill
- Steve Clemons, Editor-at-Large, The Hill
Sponsored by: Planned Parenthood Federation of America Inc.