Latina Leaders Summit
Even before COVID-19 disrupted our lives, Latinas faced the largest wage gap among women workers in the United States and were one of the most underrepresented demographics in leadership positions across the public and private sectors.
How can we address the lack of Latina representation and what will it take to improve access to jobs, education, and healthcare? What should be done to create pathways to opportunity and growth across all sectors? How can we rebuild a more just and equitable economy for Latinas following COVID-19, and provide the resources they need to succeed?
The Hill will convene Latina leaders from Congress, government, business, education, healthcare, and advocacy for a high-level discussion on Latina empowerment and progress.
Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Bands starting at 1:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM PT
- Nanette Cocero, Global President of Vaccines, Pfizer
- Michelle De La Isla, Mayor, Topeka, Kansas
- Rep. Veronica Escobar (D-TX), Co-Chair, Democratic Women’s Caucus
- Isabella Casillas Guzman, Administrator, Small Business Administration
- Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-WA), Ranking Member, Subcommittee on the Legislative Branch, Committee on Appropriations
- Rep. Nicole Malliotakis (R-NY), Member, Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Greisa Martinez Rosas, Executive Director, United We Dream
- Rocío van Nierop, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Latinas in Tech
- Maria S. Salinas, President & CEO, Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce; 2021 Chair, Unidos US
- Rep. Linda Sanchez (D-CA), Member, Congressional Hispanic Caucus
- Lilliana Vazquez, Emmy-winning host & TV Personality, E! Entertainment
- Mónica Gil, EVP, Chief Administrative & Marketing Officer, NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises
- Marcela Hawn, SVP and Chief Communications Officer, Centene Corporation
- Rafael Bernal, Correspondent, The Hill Latino
- Steve Clemons, Editor-at-Large, The Hill
- Juleyka Lantigua- Williams, Founder and CEO, Lantigua-Williams & Co.
Join the conversation! Tweet us using: @TheHillEvents and #TheHillLatina
SPONSORED CONTENT MESSAGE:
Telemundo’s Mujeres Imparables initiative highlights the contributions of U.S. Latinas to every sector of our nation. Through focused research, strategic partnerships, and motivational stories this program provides resources to help Latinas unleash their powerful potential as an economic and political force. This companywide initiative is part of Telemundo’s trailblazing corporate social responsibility program, El Poder en Ti. To learn more, visit Telemundo.com/elpoderenti and follow us on social media – @telemundoepet and @mujeresimparables on IG.
Centene Corporation, a Fortune 25 company, is a leading multi-national healthcare enterprise, committed to helping people live healthier lives. Our state-based health plans provide government-sponsored and commercial healthcare programs, focusing on under-insured and uninsured individuals. Centene offers affordable and high-quality health products to nearly 1 in 15 individuals across the nation, including Medicaid, Medicare (including Medicare Prescription Drug Plans), the Health Insurance Marketplace, the TRICARE program, and corrections. Learn more about Centene.