Sponsor: Philip Morris International
The future of work will require new skills. As the US gears up for major improvements to its infrastructure, there remains a shortage of skilled workers. In addition the rise of remote work fast-tracked tech adoption and demonstrated the importance of digital literacy. How do we ensure workers are well-trained for the in-demand jobs of today and tomorrow? And how are we reaching workers in under-resourced communities who face even greater obstacles to finding high-paying, reliable employment?
The Hill will sit down with policymakers, educators, business and nonprofit leaders to discuss the crucial need for upskilling in America.
Wednesday, September 22
Bands starting at 1:00 PM ET/10:00 AM PT
- Sen. Mike Braun (R-IN), Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Employment and Workplace Safety
- Rachel Carlson, CEO and Co-founder, Guild Education
- Gerald Chertavian, CEO, Year UP
- Anthony Hughes, CEO, Tech Elevator
- Jina Krause-Vilmar, President and CEO, Upwardly Global
- Jared Polis, Governor, Colorado
- Madeline Pumariega, President, Miami Dade College
- Dr. Harry L. Williams, President & CEO, Thurgood Marshall College Fund
- Steve Clemons, Editor-at-Large, The Hill