The Hill’s Food Security Summit
Food prices continue to rise as pandemic-battered supply chains struggle to keep up with consumer demand. Inflation is at its highest level in forty years and extreme weather events and rising labor costs exacerbated by the pandemic are compounding the problem, especially in low-income and communities of color.
As we enter the third year of COVID, how can access and affordability, food insecurity, nutrition, and sustainability be best addressed? How have the farming and agriculture industries been affected? What legislative priorities on Capitol Hill are percolating to address food security?
Wednesday, February 16, 2022
2:00 PM ET/11:00 AM PT
- Lauren Bauer, Fellow, Economic Studies, Brookings Institution
- Rep. Jim McGovern (D-MA), Chair, House Rules Committee & Co-chair, House Hunger Caucus
- Jamila Michener, Co-Director, Center for Health Equity, Cornell University
- Radha Muthiah, President and CEO, Capital Area Food Bank
- Rep. Jackie Walorski (R-IN), Co-chair, House Hunger Caucus
- Steve Clemons, Editor-at-Large, The Hill