Advancing America’s Economy
History is full of big moments that have changed America’s economic landscape. More recently, the coronavirus pandemic has challenged the economy with supply chain bottlenecks, labor shortages and inflation. And the Russian invasion of Ukraine has created uncertainty across the globe and led to high gas prices at home.
As the Federal Reserve takes steps to slow inflation, what can manufacturers and consumers expect to see over the next year? Is the threat of recession real?
The Hill will check the pulse of the economy with lawmakers, economists, regulators and business leaders to dissect the state of American industry and entrepreneurship all the while innovating and maintaining healthy global market competition.
Wednesday, May 25, 2022
1:00 PM ET/10:00 AM PT
- Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH), Chairman, Senate Banking Committee
- Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-NC), Ranking Member, House Financial Services Committee
- Chitra Balasubramanian, CFO, CircleCI
- Jason Furman, Aetna Professor of the Practice of Economic Policy, Harvard Kennedy School
- Michael Gronager, Co-Founder and CEO, Chainalysis
- David Kamin, Deputy Director, White House National Economic Council
- Rob Nichols, President & CEO, American Bankers Association
- Sylvan Lane, Finance & Economic Policy Reporter, The Hill
Join the conversation! Tweet us: @TheHillEvents using #TheHillEconomy
Sponsored Content Message
A strong banking system leads to economic opportunity and brighter futures for all. ABA advocates for pro-growth policies that help America’s banks drive economic growth and well-being across the communities they serve—supporting the diverse needs of individuals and businesses with a range of services. To help ensure an inclusive and innovative banking industry now and in the future, ABA is focused on the following policy priorities: