SPONSORED:

9/11 widow and advocate says she has 'no reason to believe' Saudi Arabia has stopped funding terror organizations

An advocate for 9/11 families told Hill.TV in an interview that aired Monday on "Rising" that she has no reason to believe that Saudi Arabia has stopped funding terror organizations. 

"I have no reason to believe it stopped because we've never fully admitted it existed in the first place," Terry Strada, the national chairwoman of 9/11 Families and Survivors United for Justice Against Terrorism, told co-host Krystal Ball last week. Strada's organization filed a lawsuit against Saudi Arabia in 2017, claiming the country was involved in the planning of the 9/11 terror attacks. 

"That's what this lawsuit will do, it will shed a light on the flow of money that continues from the kingdom to the terrorist organizations, and right into the terrorists' hands," she continued. 

"They [the 9/11 hijackers] were here for 12 to 18 months prior to the attacks, buying first-class airline tickets, practicing on our airplanes, learning how fly in our flight schools. All funded by the kingdom of Saudi Arabia," she said. 

Strada's husband, Tom, was killed in the World Trade Center's north tower during the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001.

Saudi Arabia requested that the lawsuit be thrown out, but a U.S. District Court judge rejected the request last year. 

Riyadh has long denied having a role in the terror attacks nearly two decades ago. 

— Julia Manchester