Pence dismisses Assange allegation of White House ‘takeover’

Pence dismisses Assange allegation of White House ‘takeover’
© Greg Nash

Vice President Pence condemned WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange on Tuesday, saying his tweets about a “Pence takeover” of the White House are "absurd and frankly offensive.”

“I would dismiss that out of hand,” Pence said, after Assange tweeted that intelligence committee officials “close to Pence stated privately this month that they are planning on a Pence takeover” at the White House, though they “did not state if Pence agrees.”

He apparently did not, telling conservative radio host Laura Ingraham, “I would find all of that dialogue to be absurd and frankly offensive. It is the greatest honor of my life to serve shoulder-to-shoulder with the 45th president of the United States.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Assange tweeted several times Tuesday claiming that President Trump’s Democratic rival, Hillary ClintonHillary Diane Rodham ClintonHarris favored as Biden edges closer to VP pick Ron Johnson subpoenas documents from FBI director as part of Russia origins probe Juan Williams: Older voters won't forgive Trump for COVID MORE, said earlier this month she’d like to see Pence become president because he’s seen as “predictable hence defeatable.”

“It should be noted that both the officials close to Pence and Hillary Clinton spoke of moving towards an 'impeachment' not other action,” Assange added.

 

Shortly after Pence dismissed Assange’s claim on the radio show, the WikiLeaks founder tweeted a link to his response, saying the vice president “responds to knowledge that Hillary Clinton and two officials close to him are working towards him taking the presidency.”

 

 

No concrete evidence supports Assange's "takeover" claim.