Business mogul and Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban on Friday offered to join President TrumpDonald TrumpTrump criticizes Justice for restoring McCabe's benefits Biden: Those who defy Jan. 6 subpoenas should be prosecuted Hillicon Valley — Presented by LookingGlass — Hackers are making big money MORE's administration now that two of his economic councils have disbanded.
Cuban told Business Insider that he'd be willing to serve as Trump's "entrepreneurial czar," on the condition that he would have "autonomy" and wouldn't have to serve as a prop for the Trump administration.
"I would put aside my personal feelings about Donald Trump if I were put in a position to help entrepreneurs," Cuban told Business Insider.
"I wouldn't go on a council. I wouldn't do a kiss the ring type Cabinet meting or be a prop. I wouldn't change my positions or apologize for anything I said," Cuban added.
In an email exchange with the news outlet, Cuban said he would "put America first" if given a "Gary Cohn level of autonomy," referring to Trump's National Economic Council director.
It seems unlikely that Trump would make such an offer, as Cuban routinely criticizes the president.
In February, Trump tweeted that he knew Cuban "well" and that Cuban "backed" him and is not "smart enough to run for president."
Cuban says that the only reason that he would consider serving in the Trump administration is that he believes entrepreneurs are "not being represented in the government right now."
"And that hurts employment and the ability of entrepreneurs throughout the country to achieve the American dream," Cuban said.
Earlier this week, Trump announced he was disbanding two of his business advisory councils: the Strategic and Policy Forum and the Manufacturing Advisory Council. Members of both councils fled after Trump's remarks in response to violence at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va.