Conway to no longer have Secret Service protection

Kellyanne Conway will no longer be covered by Secret Service agents, according to multiple reports.

Fox News reported Tuesday that the White House senior adviser dropped her protection.

An official told The New York Times, meanwhile, that the threat level against Conway has changed since she was approved for protection. The Times noted that Conway’s protection is not covered by statute, adding that President TrumpDonald John TrumpMichael Flynn transcripts reveal plenty except crime or collusion 50 people arrested in Minneapolis as hundreds more National Guard troops deployed Missouri state lawmaker sparks backlash by tweeting 'looters deserve to be shot' MORE approved protection for her after several threats.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Times also reported that President Trump’s son, Donald Trump Jr., has given up his protection from the agency due to privacy concerns.

In an August interview earlier this month with USA Today, Secret Service Director Randolph Alles said his agency was nearing its spending limit for protecting the president and his family. Alles said 1,000 agents had already reached their federal salary caps and overtime payment limits for the year.

USA Today reported that the Secret Service was protecting 42 members of the Trump administration last month, including 18 members of the president's family. Thirty-one people were protected during the Obama administration, by comparison.