First lady Melania Trump met Prince Harry of the United Kingdom on Saturday ahead of the 2017 Invictus Games in Toronto.
The first lady and Harry, the fifth-in-line to the British throne, posed for pictures and exchanged pleasantries during their first-ever meeting.
Harry struck up a conversation with Trump saying, "you've been very busy," while the first lady complimented him on "doing a fantastic job," according to a White House pool report.
Harry established the Paralympic-style sports event in 2014 to draw attention to men and women who were injured in combat.
More than 500 competitors from 17 countries will take part in 12 sports at the event. There are 100 American athletes competing in the games.
Former first lady Michelle ObamaMichelle LeVaughn Robinson ObamaMichelle Obama looks to mobilize voters for midterms We must mount an all-country response to help our Afghan allies Obamas, Bushes and Clintons joining new effort to help Afghan refugees MORE led the U.S. delegation to Orlando last year.
Obama, who enjoyed a warm relationship with Prince Harry, even appeared in a video ahead of last year's games alongside the prince, the Queen and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
The Trump administration has maintained a somewhat awkward relationship with its British counterparts.
Prime Minister Theresa May announced during her visit to the White House earlier this year that the Queen had formally extended an invitation to President Trump to visit the U.K.
However, the president caused controversy when he issued a slew of tweets on the London Bridge terror attack in June, and publicly criticized London Mayor Sadiq Khan's response to the attacks.
Khan responded, calling for Trump's invitation to be withdrawn.
“I don’t think we should roll out the red carpet to the president of the USA in the circumstances where his policies go against everything we stand for,” Khan said in an interview with Britain’s Channel 4 News.
Reports then surfaced that Trump reportedly May that he did not want to continue with his planned state visit to the U.K. unless he has the support of the public.
However, Downing Street and the White House maintained that the visit was still on despite the Guardian report.
“The president has tremendous respect for Prime Minister May,” a White House spokesman told The Hill at the time. “That subject never came up on the call."
Trump stirred more controversy this month when he tweeted that people involved in the bombing of Parsons Green tube station were "in the sights of Scotland Yard."
Another attack in London by a loser terrorist.These are sick and demented people who were in the sights of Scotland Yard. Must be proactive!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 15, 2017
May responded to Trump's tweet, telling reporters "I never think it is helpful for anyone to speculate in what is an ongoing investigation."
"As I've just said police and security services are working to discover the full circumstances of this cowardly attack and to identify all those responsible."
Updated: 4:29 p.m.