SPONSORED:

Trump campaign chief apologizes for email criticizing CNN in wake of evacuation

Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale on Wednesday apologized for an email sent by the campaign earlier that day criticizing CNN.

The email, which was sent after CNN had been evacuated due to a suspicious package, attacked the network and featured a "media accountability survey," which purported to help fight "fake news' attacks" and "bias against hardworking Americans." The email was signed by Lara Trump, the president's daughter-in-law and senior adviser to his reelection campaign.

ADVERTISEMENT

Parscale said in a statement to CNN that the email "unfortunately was a pre-programmed, automated message that was not caught before the news broke."

"We apologize for this," Parscale added. "We in no way condone violence against anyone who works for CNN, or anyone else."

CNN's New York City office at the Time Warner Center was evacuated Wednesday after it received a suspicious package with a possible explosive device addressed to former CIA Director John BrennanJohn Owen Brennan50 former intelligence officials warn NY Post story sounds like Russian disinformation Not treason, not a crime — but definitely a gross abuse of power Trump fires off dozens of tweets while recuperating at White House MORE.

Similar packages were mailed to a number of Democratic politicians, including former President Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary ClintonHillary Diane Rodham ClintonTrump may continue to campaign after Election Day if results are not finalized: report Hillicon Valley: Biden campaign slams Facebook after thousands of ads blocked | Majority of voters in three swing states saw ads on social media questioning election validity: poll | Harris more often the target of online misinformation Analysis: Where the swing states stand in Trump-Biden battle MORE and former President Obama. Authorities have said the devices were similar to one found earlier this week at the home of George Soros, the prominent Democratic donor. 

The White House on Wednesday morning condemned the attacks. President TrumpDonald John TrumpStephen Miller: Trump to further crackdown on illegal immigration if he wins US records 97,000 new COVID-19 cases, shattering daily record Biden leads Trump by 8 points nationally: poll MORE said later that afternoon at a White House event that "acts or threats of political violence of any kind have no place in the United States of America."