White House, OMB say no calls between Giuliani and budget office
The White House and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) are pushing back on recently revealed phone records indicating contacts between Rudy Giuliani and OMB, with administration officials saying President Trump’s personal attorney never spoke with anyone there.
An OMB spokesperson told The Hill in an email on Friday that no one from the office has spoken with Giuliani.
A presidential spokesperson told RealClearPolitics on Thursday that “no one from OMB has talked to Giuliani.”
The House Intelligence Committee released phone records this week as part of their impeachment report which showed that on Aug. 8 an “OMB Number” dialed Giuliani for a nearly 13-minute call.
Giuliani told CNN in a text message on Wednesday that he doesn’t “remember calling OMB and not about military aid never knew anything about it.”
Giuliani also said in a tweet earlier this week that the fact he had made calls to the White House “does not establish any specific topic.”
“Remember, I’m the President’s attorney,” he added.
The call logs were a piece of new information in the impeachment inquiry report, which alleges that Trump “placed his personal political interests above the national interests of the United States, sought to undermine the integrity of the U.S. presidential election process, and endangered U.S. national security.”
Trump and Giuliani’s dealings with Ukraine have been the focus of the impeachment probe as Democrats allege the White House pressured the Ukrainian president to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden in order to receive military aid and a possible meeting with Trump at the White House.
Both Trump and Giuliani have denied any wrongdoing.
Updated at 11:39 a.m.
Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.