Ryan challenger raises $1M in third quarter
A Democratic candidate attempting to unseat Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) raised more than $1 million in the third quarter, his campaign said Monday.
Randy Bryce, who has raised approximately $1.5 million since entering the race in June, also has more than $1 million cash-on-hand.
His campaign said that contributions made to his campaign averaged $25.
“I am honored by this enormous outpouring of support, not just by the tens of thousands of people who are joining our mission to repeal and replace Paul Ryan and his right wing, corporate Wall Street agenda, but also how we did it,” Bryce said in a statement.
{mosads}Bryce will face off against two other Democrats in the Wisconsin district’s Democratic primary early next year.
Last month, Bryce criticized President Trump for more harshly going after athletes who protest during the national anthem than the racist groups who incited violence in Charlottesville, Va.
“Donald Trump condemns a Black man for non-violence more harshly than White supremacists for violence,” Bryce wrote on Twitter.
His third-quarter fundraising total was first reported by Politico.
—This report was updated at 12:50 p.m.
Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.