TV networks have reportedly decided not to give former White House press secretary Sean Spicer a role as a paid contributor due to credibility issues.
NBC News reported that representatives for Spicer have been talking to the five major networks — CBS News, CNN, Fox News, ABC News and NBC News — about a potential role, but they were not interested.
One media industry executive familiar with the conversations told NBC, "They won't touch him."
“The news organizations might use him on round tables, but [a paid exclusive contributor job] is not happening,” the executive said.
Network insiders told NBC that Spicer has a "lack of credibility."
A report earlier this month said Spicer would not be offered a contract from Fox News. The past three press secretaries under former President Obama were hired by news networks after leaving the White House.
Spicer announced he was leaving the White House earlier this year after Anthony Scaramucci was named communications director. Scaramucci stayed in the role for only 10 days.
Spicer officially left his White House job last month.
The former White House press secretary made a surprise appearance at Sunday night's Emmy Awards, where he mocked an exchange he had earlier this year with reporters.
He has received some backlash for his appearance, with critics saying people shouldn't make light of his behavior while in the administration.