An MSNBC spokesperson tells The Hill the network will await the outcome of an investigation by The New York Times into sexual harassment allegations against White House correspondent Glenn Thrush before making any decisions on the journalist's future.
Thrush, 50, was signed by the network on May 1 as a contributor.
"We’re awaiting the outcome of the Times’ investigation. He currently has no scheduled appearances," reads the statement from MSNBC.
The former reporter for Politico was hired by The New York Times shortly after the 2016 election. He regularly appeared on MSNBC as a guest leading up to his signing with the network.
Vox reported on Monday that Thrush had been suspended while the publication investigates allegations of sexual misconduct by four women, including claims of groping and kissing.
"The behavior attributed to Glenn in this Vox story is very concerning and not in keeping with the standards and values of The New York Times,” said Eileen Murphy, the newspaper's senior vice president of communications, said in a statement.
“We intend to fully investigate and while we do, Glenn will be suspended. We support his decision to enter a substance abuse program. In the meantime, we will not be commenting further.”