FEATURED:

Celebrity chef offers ‘lunch on me’ to winners of Trump’s 'Dishonest and Corrupt Media Awards'

Celebrity chef offers ‘lunch on me’ to winners of Trump’s 'Dishonest and Corrupt Media Awards'
© Getty Images

Celebrity chef José Andrés is offering a free lunch to the winners of President TrumpDonald John TrumpKey takeaways from the Arizona Senate debate Major Hollywood talent firm considering rejecting Saudi investment money: report Mattis says he thought 'nothing at all' about Trump saying he may leave administration MORE's "Dishonest and Corrupt Media Awards."

"To all the winners for Mondays’s Dishonest and Corrupt Media Awards of @realdonaldtrump I want to contribute with lunch on me in any of my restaurants as a reward...." he tweeted Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Trump last week tweeted that he would announce the "media awards" Monday.

“I will be announcing THE MOST DISHONEST & CORRUPT MEDIA AWARDS OF THE YEAR on Monday at 5:00 o’clock,” Trump tweeted.

“Subjects will cover Dishonesty & Bad Reporting in various categories from the Fake News Media. Stay tuned!" he said.

His tweet came after his campaign asked supporters to help him award a "Fake News Trophy."

Andrés has been a staunch critic of Trump in the past. He canceled his planned restaurant at the president's D.C. hotel after Trump announced his candidacy with a speech that many found to be racist against Hispanics.

Last year, Andrés offered a free drink at any of his Washington, D.C., restaurants to employees at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau amid a dispute over who was in charge of the agency.