Former Fox News host Eric Bolling discusses son's overdose, opioid epidemic

Former Fox News host Eric Bolling is opening up about his son's death from an accidental drug overdose last year. 

"I got a phone call at 10 o'clock at night that said my son had passed," Bolling told the Law & Crime Network's "Totally B.S." host Bill Stanton in an interview.

"It ended up being an accidental opioid overdose," he said. "He bought Xanax from someone. It was a street Xanax. Turns out it was laced with Fentanyl."

ADVERTISEMENT

Bolling said he learned about the death of his son, Eric Chase Bolling, 19, shortly after he was fired from Fox News in September amid allegations that he sexually harassed female colleagues at the network. 

Bolling said he wasn't aware that his son was using opioids. 

"I didn’t see any signs. I knew he was going to the University of Colorado, marijuana is legal in Colorado, not at his age but it’s still legal and very accessible," Bolling said. 

Since his son's death, Bolling has sought to bring awareness to opioid abuse and met with President Trump last month to discuss the opioid epidemic.